Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fabric Mart $1.00 Sale!

Check it out and see if any of these bargains are for you.  I recognize some selections since I already purchased them a couple of weeks ago.  I bought 8 yards of the Vera Wang Cotton Canvas thinking maybe a coat?  Now that I have it I am not sure, it is pretty stiff fabric.

I also bought some of the Sour Apple Green and I really like the feel of this fabric.  Orginally I was thinking about a sporty outfit with pants.  But I am still working on the red slinky dress.  Luckily I had enough fabric to re-cut the top pieces and try again.  So far so good since I tweaked the directions that were not working for me before. 

A triple layer of this fabric due to the "narrow hem" plus a seam allowance with elastic inserted will NOT go under my presser foot.  Hence the direction tweaking. 

Also, I have ordered a gathering foot and hope that it arrives soon.  I noticed another blogger purchased one and fell in love with it. OOOOhh, and there is an Estate Sale in my town tomorrow--with fabric and yarn!

I leave you today with 3 photos of Dog 1 and Dog 2 in the sewing room.  Notice the great drafting table that was given to my honey.  It is the perfect height and width for a cutting table.  Yep, oak drafting table-FREE! 


Dog 1



Oak Drafting Table- my new cutting table



Dog 2 with peanut butter filled Kongs I use to bribe dogs to let me sew.
Good girls!

2 comments:

  1. Love the table too!! AND love your dogs...they remind me of my little miniature pinscher girly girl....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. It is always so nice to hear from you :)