I really should have made this a cooking blog, then I would have had more successes to report. On a positive note I did wear my new grey dress to a meeting this week. No one laughed so I guess that is a relatively good sign.
No photos for you but I did cut out a top, yet again, wrong fabric/wrong pattern. I figured that out when pinning the first two pieces together. No need for further time investment on that dud. Then this week I started a dress. Good pattern (so it seems, but it could turn on me at any minute) but wrong darn fabric again! So today I will start with that same pattern, new fabric and see how it goes. I'll have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby for a lining material this morning. The dress fabric I plan to use is a linen blend, that should work--I think.
Butterick 5450 is the dress pattern I am using. My fabric mistake was a woven mildly stretchy poly something. But it will not hold a crease, the pleats bag open regardless of what I do, and this baby ravels faster that a speeding bullet. Since I only assembled the top portion I still have the skirt material. The lining material was kinda likeable. Almost a whisper of fabric but every pin hole seems to be permanent and it too ravels like crazy.
While I have not been able to do much towards sewing we have been gardening. Three new crepe myrtle trees planted in a new island bed. This was a ton of work but we had help from our really great neighbor. Even so, the Honey ended up getting x-rays this week due to back pain so bad he missed work for 3 days. Totally unlike him to miss work too.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 day ago