Friday, June 11, 2010

Blog, blog, blog

I really should have made this a cooking blog, then I would have had more successes to report. On a positive note I did wear my new grey dress to a  meeting this week.  No one laughed so I guess that is a relatively good sign.

No photos for you but I did cut out a top, yet again, wrong fabric/wrong pattern.  I figured that out when pinning the first two pieces together.  No need for further time investment on that dud.  Then this week I started a dress.  Good pattern (so it seems, but it could turn on me at any minute) but wrong darn fabric again!  So today I will start with that same pattern, new fabric and see how it goes.  I'll have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby for a lining material this morning. The dress fabric I plan to use is a linen blend, that should work--I think.

Butterick 5450 is the dress pattern I am using.  My fabric mistake was a woven mildly stretchy poly something.  But it will not hold a crease, the pleats bag open regardless of what I do, and this baby ravels faster that a speeding bullet.  Since I only assembled the top portion I still have the skirt material. The lining material was kinda likeable.  Almost a whisper of fabric but every pin hole seems to be permanent and it too ravels like crazy.

While I have not been able to do much towards sewing we have been gardening.  Three new crepe myrtle trees planted in a new island bed.  This was a ton of work but we had help from our really great neighbor.  Even so, the Honey ended up getting x-rays this week due to back pain so bad he missed work for 3 days.  Totally unlike him to miss work too.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Butterick 5450 pattern you are working on! It's a cute dress! I hope everything works out with sewing it together. I know the frustration of pleats, but they will look great when you get it all worked out! Hope the hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. It is always so nice to hear from you :)