Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Southern Living Xmas Book is not new!

I have a small collection of Southern Living Cookbooks and Christmas books.  Last night I took out two of the Xmas books, 1999 and 2005 issues.  After looking at them both I realized that I was seeing the same recipes! Then today I purchased 2 of the 2010 Xmas books at Dillard's Department Store.  Guess what?  The same recipes are in the 2010 books too!  I am returning these two books, after all I have the recipes, only the cover was new.  And of course I did not look to see how many recipes are the same but it is fair to say that many are the same in 1999, 2005, and 2010.  These are my last purchases of Southern Living books of any kind.  It really is too bad this used to be a good company.

2 comments:

  1. Martha Stewart reuses her recipes too - I think it's pretty standard. Thats probably why new authors and first time printed cookbooks get way more ad space at the bookstores.

    You were totally right! I really like a lot of that Etsy seller's skirts and refashioned nighties. Supercute! I'm going to have to inspect her photos sometime and try one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always buy my cookbooks at yard sales or thrift stores and never py more than $2.00 for them. I just cannot pay they high cost of new books and now you have given me another reason. Thanks for visiting me. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. It is always so nice to hear from you :)